Today in music class we had the Grandmothers make a scarf bridge while the little ones danced under and through it. The Minuet played on the iPod dock and we all danced with our scarves.
Today I read The Carrot Seed and reminded each person of how a sprout of talent is growing as they water and weed at home. I noticed some amazing "firsts" today as well:
- K allowed me to assist her while her grandmother tended her little sister
- Mr. A was very soft with the mallets for Falling Thirds. He also has an amazing sense of the order of activities in the class and anticipates them.
- Miss A played up the scale on the glock with almost no assistance.
- Miss B was very tired, and today was her birthday, but she became very interested in dancing and in helping to stack the drums.
- Baby P lit up like a light bulb with each activity with a mallet!