- Great sharing with ball rolling
- Real handshaking, voluntarily with each person in the room at greeting time
- Eagerness to participate in almost every activity
- Pitch matching singing falling thirds!!!!! And language--"bubble bath" from Miss A!
- Perfect rhythm matching with hand clapping, arm waving, drum mallet, and tub drumming. That was awesome!! So proud of our girls!
- Insistence that the duck is "yellow"--memory of last week's counting six yellow ducks, even though today's song is Little White Duck. Good memory!
- Holding hands in the circle and walking independently--BIG development
- Great dancing with some awesome rhythm and egg shaking and greater endurance for dancing
- Eensy Weensy Spider was just amazing! I heard "eensy weensy" on pitch and in rhythm, saw motions with thumb and fingers as well as climbing the rain stick; was thrilled when they asked to sing it once again and did the motions a second time.
- Attention span for the entire reading of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom was excellent. And they looked for colors and letters while grandmothers were writing observations.
- My personal favorite "first" was a big, long hug from Miss K
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
A great class!
What an awesome small class we had today! Two were not feeling well and one was out of town, but the two who were there, Miss A and Miss K, were in great form. "Firsts" I noticed today: